Saturday, April 5, 2014

Turning 25 and all that buzz!

I was asked to close my eyes, and walk into the room on the count of three. T-a-d-a surprise! I was greeted with rose petals falling from heaven (yeah...it was the ceiling fan actually, but who cares, I am 25 and dramatic in a way). And that my friends is how I walked into another spectacular year of living, that's how I turned 25 in a dreamy way. Now that I am officially allowed to begin my quarter-life crisis, I wish to compile a list of 25 reminders that will help me find myself again, whenever I tend to loose my mind.
                                             
1. Now that I am 25,
 I promise to stop asking kids for life changing ideas. 



2. I vouch to calculate better and faster.
Try me when I'm sober and you will know.


3. Seriously, read that one again. Save that dime girl!


4. I will take my own decisions without
 turning to Google for any expert advice.


5. I am proud to be myself and will always be - Flawed and Fabulous.



6. I will rise above the past and will try to
 believe not only in fairy-tales but also in love stories.



7. I will give myself a second chance.



8. Read that again.


9. I will devote more time to people and not apps.
 I will not take anything for granted, not even myself.



10. Reality is for people who lack imagination.
 I choose to believe in dreams.

11. I want to fall in love again. First with myself
and then with someone who loves me with my imperfections, perfectly.


12. And as much as I would like to continue (we are not proceeding to 25),
 I am sure we all need to break the rules (be lazy time and again)
and expect the unexpected.


I don’t believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive. – Joseph Campbell 

At this point in my life, I am doing what I like doing rather than being buried under the expectations of what I should be doing. This I think is way more important. I have hobbies that keep my mind busy, and my oldest friends are still my oldest and bestest friends. I think right now, for me, 25 is less of a scary age and more of a 'I'm going in the right direction' age, which is nice. And, as opposed to when I was 22- when my career was king and to hell with the rest - I now have everything in perspective, and know what is really important to me. I am more confident now than I was before and I can now watch horror movies without horrifying others (in my defence I have toned down a bit on that part, if I haven't stopped completely). Now the things that make me happy most of the time are a cup of coffee and a book in my pyjamas. Each to their own. So, anyway, yes, despite of being known to smile far more than I should  and startling people around me, I'm pleased to be where I am and who I am, around people I am with. Oh and some advice for those younger than my withered self - laugh at yourself more. Life ain't worth a damn if you can't find the hilarity in your own photo ID'ed self when the cashier looks at you like you're a grandmother/father to three young girls. Hardy har har, my god I'm old... 

No comments:

Post a Comment