Monday, July 1, 2013

When My Diary Made Me Think


I received my very first diary - a Barbie diary, as a gift from my mother at the age of ten. I was never a Barbie fan but I fell in love with my diary as soon as I held it. I wasn't sure then of what the diary would make of me. I simply loved it and it loved me back, keeping all my secrets inked safe on its pages. When the concept of Blogging was not introduced, people like me, who preferred penning down their thoughts, turned to diaries.

Life today, is running through the busiest times that it ever has. Our schedules hardly allow us to savour the simple pleasures like listening to our loved ones, let alone listening to what our heart says. If you have a Diary and like writing about how you feel, you will definitely know that reading through the old pages of memories can be a great experience in itself. Imagine yourself, laughing at the silly but sincere words used to express joy about some-things, or amusing at the apologies you had written to God for the bad bad things once done or thinking about the promises kept and forgotten about things that you wouldn't repeat again. I bet we all have note of such things somewhere in our diaries.



I came across one such piece in the old pages of my diary. Here it is:
"In the mornings at times, when I manage to wake up at 4.00 am, everything around me is as if in "statue-you mode". STILL and CALM. It's still not the time for birds to wake up neither is it the time for the busiest of the people to start off their daily chores. It's one of those times, when one can clearly listen to the wall clocks talking, in their own sweet language ticking their hearts away. The morning silence can definitely help you to re-connect with yourself, listening to voices of your heart which do not find their way towards us during the day. Its the time when emotions surface your heart demanding, well deserved attention."

While reading through this I realized that our heart talks to us (or at least tries to reach us) in its own mysterious ways at all the odd times possible. Be it during a serious team meeting or during that important lecture that we want to focus on. But, the only way by which we can stop these voices is by responding to them. By keeping the promises we once made and by forgiving ourselves for the times when we couldn't. I sign off my first blog leaving behind a lingering thought, 

What is it that made you sit back for a while today and THINK?


4 comments:

  1. very impressive...go on aku...this was simply mind blowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its funny u ask! Since today i couldnt help thinking about how my dream of so many years is finally coming to life and i dont even realise it!! I sat back..maybe for ten minuyes but still, took the liberty to bask in the glory of one dream coming alive :D Fabulous read my dear!! waiting for more from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that from you...Yes, it feels exhilarating to live your dream..just like the way i felt while writing this blog..will definitely come up with something new..

      Delete